Online registration opens Saturday, June 1, 2013 @ 9 am.
WHEN IS KINGDOM ROCK?
July 29-August 2, 2013
WHERE IS KINGDOM ROCK
Crossroads Church - Cranberry Campus
708 Thomson Park Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Children who will be 3 years old by July 26, 2013 through children going into 6th grade in Fall 2013. Children MUST be potty trained.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR MY CHILD TO ATTEND?
Nothing! We don’t charge for VBS at Crossroads.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Register online by filling out the form at the bottom of this page beginning June 1, 2013 at 9 am.
WHAT IS “KINGDOM ROCK FAMILY NIGHT?”
“Kingdom Rock Family Night” is a time set aside for the entire family to come and celebrate what God has done in the lives of His children during their week at Kingdom Rock. Families will gather with all the crews & leaders in the worship area on Friday, August 2 from 8-8:30 pm.
WILL MY CHILD BE WITH HIS/HER FRIENDS & CHILDREN HE/SHE KNOWS?
Sort of. Kingdom Rock is about meeting new friends and building new relationships. Children are not placed in groups according to their ages except for the preschool children. (Sound different? Trust us, the children love it!) Instead, the children are in crews. The crews are mixed-age, family-like groups that travel together to Kingdom Rock activities. Each crew consists of 5-6 children - boys & girls of mixed ages with one adult or high school crew leader. Crews are then combined into a larger group of several crews and they travel together at Kingdom Rock with each other. Therefore, in most cases, this allows your child to still see and “hang” with their friends.
The reason we have the boy/girl, mixed-age groups is because crews:
- Encourage teamwork, not competition.
- Reduce discipline problems.
- Encourage relationship building and meeting new friends.
- Are easier to work with. The big children love helping the younger ones and the younger children love being affirmed, loved and doted on by the older crewmates.
- If your child has doubts, reassure him/her that this is a wonderful opportunity to try something new. Your support and encouragement will speak volumes to your child.