2014 CROSSROADS' VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL
WHEN IS WEIRD ANIMALS VBS?
June 23-27, 2014
WHERE IS WEIRD ANIMALS VBS?
Crossroads Church - Cranberry Campus
707 Thomson Park Drive
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Children who will be 3 years old by June 23, 2014 through children going into 6th grade in Fall 2014. MUST BE POTTY TRAINED!
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR MY CHILD TO ATTEND?
Nothing! We don’t charge for VBS at Crossroads.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Register online by filling out the form at the bottom of this page beginning.
WHAT IS “WEIRD ANIMALS FAMILY NIGHT?”
“Weird Animals Family Night” is a time set aside for the entire family to come and celebrate what God has done in the lives of His children during their week at Weird Animals. Families will gather with all the crews & leaders in the worship area on Friday, June 27 from 8-8:30pm.
WILL MY CHILD BE WITH HIS/HER FRIENDS & CHILDREN HE/SHE KNOWS?
Sort of. Weird Animals is about meeting new friends and building new relationships. Children are not placed in groups according to their ages except for the preschool children. (Sound different? Trust us, the children love it!) Instead, the children are in crews. The crews are mixed-age, family-like groups that travel together to Weird Animals activities. Each crew consists of 5-6 children - boys & girls of mixed ages with one adult or high school crew leader. Crews are then combined into a larger group of several crews and they travel together at Weird Animals with each other. Therefore, in most cases, this allows your child to still see and “hang” with their friends.
The reason we have the boy/girl, mixed-age groups is because crews:
- Encourage teamwork, not competition.
- Reduce discipline problems.
- Encourage relationship building and meeting new friends.
- Are easier to work with. The big children love helping the younger ones and the younger children love being affirmed, loved and doted on by the older crewmates.
- If your child has doubts, reassure him/her that this is a wonderful opportunity to try something new. Your support and encouragement will speak volumes to your child.